Shockwave therapy is a high intensity sound wave that interacts with the tissues of the body. This leads to a cascade effects such as neovascualrisation in growth, reversal of chronic inflammation, stimulation of collagen and dissolution of calcium build up. As a result, an optimal healing environment is created and an injured site is returned to a normal, functional pain free state.
The Storz Masterpuls MP50 has been found to be safe and effective shockwave alternative. The highlights of the Storz Masterpuls MP50 shock wave system include: compact design, integral compressed air supply, low capital expenditure and maintenance costs and maximum mobility thanks to the built-in compressor.
- Compact design: 9 kg, 34 x 34 x 15.6 cm
- Built-in »Silent« compressor
- Extended pressure and frequency range: 8 Hz/4.0 bar, 11 Hz/3.4 bar, 15 Hz/2.8 bar
- Bag or case for transport
- Optional battery-powered operation
Range of application
Myofascial trigger points (MTrP) are the most frequent causes of acute and chronic pain in the locomotor system. Local improvement of perfusion, reduction of nociceptor activity and neuromuscular tone and local inter- and intramuscular stretching are the physiological and mechanical axioms of MTrP therapy with the MASTERPULS® MP50.
- Calcified tendonitis of the shoulder
- Radial and ulnar humeral epicondylitis
- Patellar tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Myofascial trigger points
- Other disorders of tendon insertions
- Activation of muscle and connective tissue
- Acupuncture shock wave therapy
For more information on this product, please call an advance PT expert 1-800-561-0310 ext. 1700